Giving antibiotics may be justified if the illness is caused by bacterial infection. Giving antibiotics inappropriately may increase the risk of antibiotic resistance which would complicate the treatment of infections and increased risk of morbidity and mortality.
Consider the rules consumption of antibiotics:
- Do not trust the recommendation of friends, relatives, or the pharmacist who suggested taking certain antibiotics without a doctor’s recommendation.
- When medical treatment, ask your doctor, which of the prescription drugs that contain antibiotics. Ask also the dose and how to drink. One use of antibiotics causes of these drugs become ineffective, can occur immunity germs, can even lead to things that are not desirable.- Complete recipe as directed by your doctor. Do not ever stop eating even though antibiotics have no symptoms of disease or already feel healthy. Dismissal of antibiotics that do not fit the time, or too fast, can make the bacteria to survive and cause recurrent infections.
- Some studies say, there are good foods to eat, drink antibiotics. Among others, yogurt, yeast, molasses, kailan and other green vegetables and pumpkin seeds. These foods contain essential nutrients for the body is eroded when taking antibiotics.
- Antibiotics are generally given for a week. If the doctor only gave to three days you should ask again or buy another at a pharmacy. If taken three times a day means it took 20-21 tablets, if taken twice a day it took 14-15 tablets.
- Colds, coughs and diarrhea generally do not require antibiotics. Consumption of adequate water, adequate rest and consumption of multivitamins or supplements that correct or can restore the immune system to fight viruses that attack and can heal by itself.
- Generally, the use of antibiotics consumed 30 minutes after meals, unless the antibiotic amoxicillin to be taken before meals.