You must be careful with what is eaten, but also the portion of food. Could be, weight gain caused your meal that is not controlled.
The balance portion of food is so key to getting the ideal body weight. That is, the amount of foodyou consume should be balanced with physical activity. So, when your meal is big enough and not balanced with exercise, that happens is overweight and obesity.
From now on, just control your portions. In this way, the body can stay slim while not undergo a strict diet. The first thing you should do is figure out the daily nutritional needs. The following daily nutritional guidelines, according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), reported from fitsugar.com
- Fruit: 1.5 to 2 cups
- Vegetables: 2.5 to 3 cups
- Grains (including rice): 5 to 8 ounces
- Milk products: 3 cups
- Oil: no more than 5 to 7 teaspoons
- Proteins (meat, eggs, nuts): 5 to 6.5 ounces and 8 ounces of seafood each week
Use a small plate
After knowing the daily needs, you can begin to control the size of the meal by using a smaller plate than usual. The scientists confirmed that the brain require visual cues when you will eat. By getting to use a small plate, you can fool the brain related to satisfaction when eating. So, immediately replace your plate with a smaller size.
Want to know the right size? No need to measure food using digital scales. Simply use just your hands. Here’s size.
- Two fingers = one serving of cheese
- Palms open = one serving of meat
- A closed fist = one serving of fruit or vegetables
- The tip of thumb = one serving of margarine, oil, or salad dressing
- Hands cupped = one serving of cereal or grains