Having sensitive skin needs extra care to keep skin healthy and still look beautiful. Here’s what to do and what should be avoided if you have sensitive skin, as quoted from Idiva:
What to do if have sensitive skin:
- The most important thing to do, first is to identify whether your skin allergies due to certain foods or cosmetic products. If that is not the cause, then start looking for causes of what makes the irritation of the skin.
- When the immune system under stress, due to job changes, disturbance in your love life or other crisis issues. In this case, meditation or breathing exercises to help you stay calm.
- If the skin is too sensitive, take anti-allergy tablets for emergencies.
- Drought may increase the sensitivity of your skin, so it is a good idea to choose a moisturizer that contains water and unscented.
- Sensitive skin prone to sunburn. Apply sunscreen with SPF is very high, mixed with calamine lotion. Use at least twice a day.
- Use products that contain less preservatives and chemicals in keeping your skin stays smooth and acne free. Regularly clean your skin, especially on the face with soap cleanser.
What to avoid if have sensitive skin:
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid strong massage and scrub
- Do not wash face too often. Use warm water, not cold or hot.
- When dry the body or face, do not rub too hard. Give a pat lightly with a soft towel.