People average flu attacked three times each year, each lasting an average of nine days. However, you do not have to give up. Here are quick ways to stop flu before it gets worse, as quoted from Yahoo.
As soon as you start to feel the flu symptoms, do:
- Drink plenty of water or juice. Stay hydrated cures like sore throat and nasal congestion.
- Gargling with salt water. To combat the itchy throat, add half a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water. Salt works draw excess fluid in the throat tissues, reduce inflammation, and clear mucus and irritants from the back of the throat. Salt also issued a bacteria and viruses that cause flu.
- Keep your nose clean. Use a saline nasal spray soon after the initial flu symptoms appear to reduce its impact. Then, a hot bath to help launch a nasal obstruction.
Two hours of first flu symptoms appear, do:
- To the drug store. Take painkillers such as acetaminophen. Allergy medicines, such as Zyrtec and Benadryl to help relieve symptoms such as runny nose and watery eyes.- Keep the counter cough medicine. Honey works better than cough medicine. Swallow one to two tablespoons of honey or can be stirred into hot tea.
Six hours later flu symptoms, do:
- Rest works. Your body can fight the virus better if rested. But if you have to work, as far as possible away from co-workers so as not sharing germs. Wash your hands regularly or use alcohol-based disinfectant gel.
- Do not forget fluids. Drink plenty of water, juice, tea, and consumption of chicken soup. Hot soup alleviate flu symptoms.
At night when get flu, do:
Last chance to fight germs. Healthy foods keep your immune system, so choose a dinner that includes protein, such as lean meat, fish, or beans, brown rice, and foods rich in antioxidants such as vegetables and fruits. Take a hot bath before bed if you still feel crowded. Then, inadequate sleep a night.
The next day, do:
If you have a fever, vomiting, or headaches that get worse, check with your doctor, you may experience other than a flu (such as infection). You may need antiviral medicines, antibiotics, or other treatment.
Try these quick ways to stop flu when your family get cold or flu symptoms. And don’t forget to go healthy life.