This condition sometimes makes your body limp and not fresh. To remove the old layer of the uterus, so the new can grow for the next cycle, the women will menstruate. During this period, you may feel dull and dirty. There is a way to be fresh after the menstrual cycle without douching (cleaning the vagina with chemicals).
Here are steps you can do, as reported from eHow, way to be fresh after the menstrual cycle without douching:
1. Drink enough water so you stay hydrated, especially during the menstrual period. Hydration helps to keep the body moisture and normal blood flow. This makes it easier for the vagina to clean up after the menstrual period. Drink 6 to 8 eight glasses of water a day.
2. Menstrual blood mixed with oxygen can have a normal smell. Replace your pads or tampons every two to four hours to help reduce odor. Frequently changing pads also help prevent bacterial infections and improve cleanliness.
3. Wash your vagina and pubic area outside at least once a day to help decrease the smell. Wash gently with water or a mild soap or use baby wipes are hypoallergenic, more often if you have a heavy menstrual flow. This can help prevent the buildup of bacteria that trigger bad or after menstruation finishes.
4. Wear loose clothing and cotton underwear to improve ventilation and avoid temperature increases. Bacteria and odor will be reduced in dry conditions.
5. After your menstrual period, use mild soap and water to wash the vagina and pubic area outside every day to remove residual blood and reducing odor.